Saturday, December 22, 2012

Testing the Salomon Skin Pro 14+3 Set

14-20 miles today on Chubb Trail with my new pack. 50oz hydration bladder filled to 35oz, some random athletic gear stuffed in the main pocket and nutrition items like Bonk Breaker bars and One Bars in the smaller outer pocket and GoPro camera in the front pocket for easy access.

Test one for my 20+ day adventure across Spain with only a 17 liter capacity pack begins now.

Dec. 26th update to my run on the 22nd: Actually ran 11+ miles along Chubb Trail because I spent more time playing with the GoPro Hero 2 camera and trying to get fun footage for the campaign video than actually running the trail and getting a workout.  ALSO, took a nice fall while bombing down one of the technical, ie. rocky, rutted, root and fall leaves covered, muddy downhills after taking a misstep on a slightly slanted and very slick mud patch which put me down on my left side and left forearm before I knew it sliding fast toward a tree in the middle of the trail.  I slowed just enough during the awkwardly controlled slide for a soft impact into the tree with my chest.  A close call to what could have been my first serious injury out on the trails.

No comments:

Post a Comment