Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Let the training miles begin!

I have a training plan in the works and it's set to kickoff during Christmas break, which for me is Dec. 21st - 28th while I'm back home in Saint Louis, Missouri visiting my family.

It will look something like: run 10 miles each day 5-6 days per week for the month of January and 20 miles per day 5-6 days per week for the month of February. With weekly mileage volumes of 50+ in January and ramping up to 100+ in February I should be ready to take on 20-30 miles each day as I navigate, i.e. follow the Pilgrimage markers, across Northern Spain.

Temperatures average between 35-60 degrees Fahrenheit that time of year while I plan to be on the trail. Not the temps I typically enjoy running in, but the more close to 60 degree days I encounter, the better. Layers will be key in my planning yet tough to carry since I'm only traveling with a 17 liter capacity pack. This will be a true test of just how efficient a traveler I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment